Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Microwave

Our microwave finally kicked the bucket. We had been having problems with the buttons working for some time, but yesterday, even the start button quit. I guess you don't realize how much you use the microwave until you can't use it. No quick heating up food, now hot water for instant coffee... nothing. So I told Kris that I would run to the store and get a new one. The problem, Kris wanted a Stainless steel finish, which was pretty limited in what we could get right at that moment. Plus I didn't have any research behind the brands.

I did a quick search of models on Walmart's website to get some reviews, and I found one I liked, but the problem was, I was only available online. So I had to check a couple other sites to see what they had available in store. After running to Home Depot (they didn't have the one I wanted in stock, at least in a stainless finish), so i then went to see what Walmart had in stock. They had one in Stainless, but it was some off-brand and I didn't know anything about it. As I was driving home with nothing I went past Menard's and thought, "why not?" So I ran in quickly, and they had the brand i wanted (Magic Chef) but not quite the one I was looking for. it had the brushed stainless finish on the door, but it was a black frame. I made an executive decision and got it.

Works pretty good so far, and well, I will have to deal with the look for now. At least I can cook a hot dog, or heat up leftovers now.

0 comments: