Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cheer Results

The cheerleading season is over (for the most part) and Sarah's team took 5th place out of six teams in her division yesterday. They had a couple of flubs, but nothing major (at least to my untrained eye) and I don't think they deserved to finish as poorly as they did. There were two teams in her division that were not even schools. They were tumbling acadamies that decided to make a cheer team. I think that putting a team like that where the girls work every day, two to three hours a day on tumbling skills into a competition with teams that work a couple of days a week for an hour or so at a time is sort of unfair. And even at that, I thought they (Sarah's team) did better than at least one of those teams. The other team was good with their tumbling, but I thought that the other part of their performance, the actual cheer portion, was pretty sad.

Sarah told us that they saw their score sheet after the competition and if they had been in the next level up, they would have finished in second place. Their score would have been better than the Falls' eighth grade team, but then again there were different judges scoring them.

I hope that Sarah and the rest of the girls take this as something to build on for next year. I think they will have a pretty good team next year. Now it is on to the Cheer showcase next month.

One more thing, I didn't feel like hauling the camera, video or still, to the cometition yesterday, so sorry, no photos or video to upload.

0 comments: