Friday, February 18, 2011

Honors Breakfast

Today was the the day of Sarah's Honors Breakfast. Just like last year, all the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who made the North Middle School Honor Roll were recognized at a breakfast in the gym. Sarah was sort of grumpy about it, and I was trying to impress upon her that this is a big deal. I think that she doesn't want to appear to be a nerd.

I think it might have been a little different if we would have got to sit with some of her friends. Last year they seated people, if I remember correctly, one sixth grader, one seventh grader and one eighth grader per table. This year they did it strictly alphabetically. So We eneded up sitting with two sixth grade kids. I let Sarah go hang out with her friends beforehand and then when it came time for breakfast, she didn't eat much. School food is sort of crummy to say the least I guess.

This year's speaker was a goalie for the Milwaukee Wave. He was much better than the guys they had last year. So all in all, it was a pretty good morning, and Kris and I are very proud of Sarah for maintaining a 4.0 GPA.

0 comments: