Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring Cleaning the Junkyard

Last week was spring cleaning time. No, not for us, for the next door neighbors. Of course it was all piled in front of our windows so when you walked into the living room from the kitchen you got a good look at the pile of junk. I had to run upstairs to take a picture:

Of course it was a rainy day, so that as soon as it was all emptied out under their little tent, it began to rain. So what would a normal person do? Probably start throwing things away, putting things away, etc. Nope. They got in their car and left. They take off leaving everything piled up outside in the rain.

So then when they got back, they just left everything stacked up there. Parked their other car in front of our window and called it a day. We ended up looking at the pile for another day before... wait for it.... they piled everything back into the garage. I thought they would actually throw things out, arrange things so they could park their cars inside, but nope. It all got stacked back inside just as messy and cluttered as before.

So now that it is getting warmer I am prepping for the infestation of mice from that hole next door. I am convinced that the mice I had running around the outside of the house last year were coming from next door. And now that they've roused them from their winter abodes, I am sure I'll be seeing some soon. The poison is already out, but I still need to lay some traps.

0 comments: