Friday, April 12, 2013

Job Searching

A couple of weeks ago, I was emptying out all my junk email and I had a message from LinkedIn about job searches.  I had joined LinkedIn a few months ago on a recommendation to try and do some professional networking, but never thought much about it.  Well, I decided to check out the job links and came across one that I thought I was particularly qualified for.  After reading it over, I decided to send a resume.  I figured maybe I'd hear something in a couple of weeks if they thought I was qualified.  To my surprise, I got a call the next day from them to schedule a phone interview. 

Apparently they liked what they heard, because the woman I spoke to said she thought I would be a good match and was going to contact the head of the department and go over my qualifications.  He was on vacation with his family for spring break, but he had access to email, so she said she'd be in touch with me.  I got a call a couple of days later to set up a face to face interview.  So I met with him last Friday.  I think it was a good sign, because he came back from his vacation a day early just to meet with me, and then this week he was going to be out of the country.  So I gathered that I am the only person they are talking to at this point.  When I left he said that he would have the HR lady get back to me this week about setting up another interview with a couple more people. 

I got a call on Monday to come back in for a third interview now.  That happens on Friday.  Hopefully things work out.  I am really hoping that they offer me this position.  I have been at my current job for almost 10 years and I have been growing increasingly loathsome of going to work.  Aside from feeling put off by my coworkers and supervisors, I am getting frustrated by things that I see that the company is not doing right, and they are not receptive to any of my suggestions for improvement.  So I think it may be time to start looking to move on.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Of course now, by posting this I am probably jinxing myself, but I hope not.

0 comments: