Sunday, April 14, 2013

National Anthem


One of the other things that I missed posting last month was Alison's class singing the national anthem.  On March 2nd, Ali's 5th grade chorus got to sing the national anthem at the Milwaukee Wave soccer game.  I forget how exactly they managed to get the gig, but it was something they practiced for quite some time.  I think it paid off, because I think they did a pretty good job, but Alison was very nervous beforehand.  She is in the back row on the left, the fifth person in.


Shady Lane 5th Grade Chorus - National Anthem from Dennis Hahn on Vimeo.

Sorry about the shaky video, but it was hard to get the auto focus to work in the low light, and I couldn't see the control to adjust it in the dark.

We stayed for the game since we have never been to an indoor professional soccer game before.  I have to say, as much as I don't really like soccer, this game was pretty fun.  We ended up sitting by one of Ali's friends and she had a fun time with her during the game, though she had to leave a little early.


They also had a mascot game at one of the intermissions.  Those things are always entertaining.



Overall, I think Ali had a good time.  And I think Sarah did too.  Sarah had been to a couple of games before, because she used to get to go to a game every year in Jr. High as a reward for making the honor roll.   So it may be something we do next year as a family activity.  I think it's a cheap family night out as well as an entertaining event.  It's much cheaper than taking the family out to a Bucks game for sure.

0 comments: