Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lacking A Green Thumb

After the drought we had last year, my lawn was in some serious need of repair and some TLC.  I spead some topsoil and seeded it on the spring, kept ti watered, and about a couple of weeks I had new grass growing, which was good.  Then about the middle of July we had a dry spell where temps got up into the 90's.  I thought with how good the grass was doing it would just go dormant and as soon as we got a little rain and it cooled back down it would come back.  I was wrong.

My backyard is now full of brown patches, and not just the dormant kind, it's full on dead.  Just from a week or two of little water.  so now I have spread a little more seed and I have started watering it again on a daily basis, but after a week and a half so far, nothing.  I am hoping that I get something growing before the end of the year, but if not, I may just go with some sod in the spring to patch it.

0 comments: