Monday, March 16, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

After sitting down and looking at our bills this week, I have decided to start shopping around for a different TV/internet service.  Yeah, I know there are not a lot of choices, but I think we're getting shafted by AT&T. 

We've been with AT&T in some shape or form for as long as I can remember, at least for our internet.  I think it goes back to something like 2002.  Because of some issues we had with Time Warner Cable back around 2000, I wasn't even considering going back to cable.  We had satellite TV for years, and now recently we have been with AT&T Uverse for at least the last 5 or 6 years.  I forget exactly when we switched to them, but they were the other option if we didn't want to go the cable route.  Well now I think it is time to take a good hard look. 

I called to try and negotiate a better deal, and the person at AT&T said they could drop my price a little, but it wouldn't be as much as what the cable company could do.  The biggest pain will be in switching email addresses and updating online accounts.  I can see why people are reluctant to change, because there are so many accounts that I will need to update.  I think what I am going to need to do (and Kris as well) is go with a free email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) where it won't make a difference if I change my ISP in the future.  I'll have to look and see what I can do as far as email accounts, because I am not a big fan of adding numbers, etc. to an ID and I am pretty sure that I won't be able to get my name (or Kris's) as our IDs with gmail.

So if you are reading this and are a friend or family member, watch your email, or your cell phones, for notices, because I am 98% sure that we'll be changing services in the next couple of weeks.

0 comments: