Thursday, March 12, 2015

Time for Braces

On the same day as we found out that the water heater needed to be replaced we got some more good news.  Alison is finally ready to get her braces.  The orthodontist has been watching her for at least the last year (probably longer than a year and I just don't remember) and each time he said that she needed to lose more of her baby teeth before she could get them on.  So now she has one baby tooth left (the orthodontist actually pulled one that was just hanging on that I couldn't get out) and that means she is ready.

So on next Wednesday she is having her molds made and she will need to decide if she wants the metal ones, or the clear brackets.  At first she said she apparently wanted the metal ones, but she is unsure.  There is still plenty of time though.  I think she has another two weeks before they get put on, so we'll see what she decides. 

I'll have to take some pictures like I did with Sarah.  Though looking back, Sarah had hers put on in fifth grade, so Alison is two years behind where Sarah was. If I remember right, Sarah had to wear her braces about 6 or 9 months longer than expected, so I hope that doesn't mean that Alison will have her braces on well into her Sophomore year. 

0 comments: