Monday, March 2, 2015

Taking the ACT

This year as part of the junior year curriculum, Sarah will be taking the ACT exam.  I remember doing it during the summer between my junior and senior year, and I had to go take it at UW-Oshkosh.  This year the school district is picking up the tab for every junior to take it during a school day.  The only down side is that Sarah just started going thru prep classes for it.  There is another exam (I believe at the end of April) that she is planning on taking right after her prep classes end.

Sarah was stressing out a little bit about tomorrow's exam, but I told her to just treat it as a practice test.  IF she gets a good score, great, but if not, she can take it again in 8 weeks, and then there is always another test in the summer (June I think) that she can take.  If she does worse on subsequent tests, it isn't like they throw out the better score.  But if she does do well, then she is set pretty well.  I know on her practice tests in the prep classes she is doing a lot of improving so I am sure she'll be fine.  I am debating whether or not to post her score here when we get it.  I probably won't.

0 comments: