Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Brace Face

For the next two years (minimum) Alison will be wearing braces.  About two months ago, she lost a tooth (she now has only one baby tooth left) and when I say lost, I mean it was pulled by the orthodontist.  It was practically out but neither she, nor I could get a hold of it and get it out, and since she was going to the orthodontist the next day, I figured he could just yank it (which he did).  And afterwards he told her she was ready for braces.  While I was in St. Louis she got her molds made, and today she got them put on.

Luckily, Sarah took a before and after picture for me, because I forgot.  The after picture obviously is not a problem, it is the before that I forgot.  But like I said, Sarah remembered and took a picture for me.  So this is her before.  Take a good look, because it is the last you will see of her teeth without braces until there is a new President in the White House.

The photo quality could have been better, but it's a phone, so what are you going to do?  Anyway, about an hour later, this is what she looked like:


Her mouth ached for the first day or so, and now we need to find food she can eat that won't interfere with her braces, and also won't make her teeth hurt any more than they already do.  So hopefully she'll get used to them quickly.

0 comments: