Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We're Time Warner People Now

It's official.  As of last Thursday, we are Time Warner Cable (soon to be Charter Cable) customers.  I really pained me to switch, but We were looking too cut some money off of the bill and AT&T Uverse just wouldn't deal with us. So it was time for a change.

So far the biggest thing has been getting all of our email and online accounts updated.  it really is a pain to change everything.  I wish there was a way to update them all at once. Plus, I think there is an issue with the new email servers.  I seem to be able to get emails, but sending them is another story.  Plus, there are emails that show up when checking on our phones, but won't download to the desktops/laptops.  So I have that to figure out yet.

In addition, I have to say that I really don't like the remote that comes along with the cable box.  It is too big, and has way too many buttons that we rarely use.  The Uverse remote was much more user-friendly.  I'm also not happy with the voicemail that comes with our phone service.  

I will say that with the new cable service, the HD picture seems to be much better quality.  And we don't have quite the problem with losing the signal.  When the technician was setting up our service, he explained that with all the devices connecting at once, it will have a definite affect on the bandwidth use, which is probably why we kept losing the signal with Uverse.  Computers, phones, TVs, The Wii (for Netflix) and Ali's Kindle (also for the connection to Netflix) all running simultaneously will affect the speed/signal.  But since we upgraded to cable, we have a faster service/more bandwidth, so that should no longer be a problem, which is a bonus for us.

We do have to deal with only being able to record two shows at once, instead of four, and if we are recording two shows at the same time, we have to watch one of those shows, which sort of defeats the purpose of recording two shows at once (unless of course we go in the basement and watch the other TV). 

So I assume we'll have a learning curve as we get used to things, as well as having to deal with somethings that are better, while other things might not be.  But in the long run, I think as long as we're saving money, we'll be able to live it.  

The next thing I have to figure out now is our cell phone plan.

0 comments: