Thursday, April 16, 2015

Circle of Life

Last night as I was sitting and trying to relax after work, Kris decided to go pick things up them away upstairs.  All of a sudden she called down to me to go and look out the window.  There was a bunch of things floating down thru the air, and when I looked up, there was a hawk sitting on a branch of one of the trees going to town on a bird.  Kris said she saw what she thought were big pieces of ash floating in the air and she thought there was a fire somewhere nearby.  Then as she looked closer, she saw that it was small, fluffy feathers.  After she realized what it was she saw the hawk. 




Sarah wasn't home, but Ali got a look at it.  As it was eating the bird, it was pulling all the feathers out.  At first it was all the small fluffy feathers, but soon the big feathers started falling (presumably from the wings).  Then I noticed that it was right above the patio table.  I just kept thinking that in the morning I would be cleaning up blood guts that were all over the table.  Luckily the next day there were just lots of feathers around and a bird head in the lawn.  It was a grackle, so I didn't feel bad at all. 



0 comments: