Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween Ideas

Today when I got home from work, I started putting away the Halloween decorations in the front yard.  As I was doing it, I thought I really need to upgrade the spookiness of the decorations.  I have a couple of wireframe pumpkins that are wrapped with thin, orange plastic strings.  And we have a couple of plastic, moaning ghosts that stand guard next to the stoop railings, and that’s about it.  I have been wanting to get a few more things for a while, but just haven’t had the time to go looking around, or haven’t seen anything appealing in the stores.

So now I am thinking that next year I will see about stepping things up a little bit.  I found some DIY things that I may try and do if I can find the supplies cheap enough.  I think I would like to try and make a small, fenced graveyard, and also maybe a couple of scarecrow type ghouls.  I think they can be made easily enough with some PVC pipe as the skeleton for them, and then I would just need to get some clothes from Goodwill to shred up, and then a rubber mask to go on top.  Sounds easy enough, but we’ll see when it comes to October next year if I actually pull it off.

0 comments: