Sunday, November 19, 2017

Leaf Clean Up

Since we are now done with the Indian Invite for another year, I can focus on what is really important, getting rid of the leaves and mess outside before it snows.  It was actually a not too bad outside, so it wasn’t a big deal getting the leaves and sticks that blew into the yard and up against the house the last week or so.  It always amazes me at the number of people who decide to get out and rake up all their leaves into the street the day AFTER the village comes around collecting the piles.  All that happens then is the next good wind/rain storm we get, they end up blowing into everyone else’s yard.  Then again I suppose anyone could make the argument that if they don’t have trees on their property they shouldn’t have to rake.  It bothers me more than anything else because I take the initiative to take the stuff I collect to the landfill for composting rather than putting them into a big pile to blow around. 

So… that being said, our yard has some serious wind tunnels where the leaves seem to just collect.  So in a way they are already collected into a single spot, and it is just a matter of vacuuming them up and bagging them.  I think that this is going to be the final week that the Village comes around to collect leaves, but I am going to haul them to the landfill myself anyway, just because I don’t know when they’ll come around, and I don’t want to have to do this again.

0 comments: