Tuesday, May 15, 2018

No More Furniture

At long last, our new furniture is being delivered tomorrow. So last night the old recliner was moved out into the garage, I think we’ll save it since Sarah’s boyfriend might want it for his apartment next year at college. That left only the old couch, and that was removed today. Last year during the Independence Day Parade, there was a J-Dog Junk Removal truck, and when I looked up what that was, I saw that it is a veteran owned franchise that employs veterans. As someone who does what I can to support veterans, I thought I would call them rather than some other junk removal service (1800GOTJUNK) to haul it away.


WOW! What an ordeal that was! I don’t know how the movers ever got that thing INTO the house. It took 20-25 minutes to get it out the door. First, the thing was heavy, and I mean HEAVY! To make things worse, there was no good place to grab onto it to move. This meant that they had to grab it by the base. Oh, and since it was a sofa/sleeper, they had to tie the bed portion down to keep it from folding out while it was being moved.


Because if it’s size it had to go out thru the front door. This means that once it got out of the living room and into the entryway, it needed to pivot 90 degrees to get out the door. So they needed to tip it up on its side, and even then it wouldn’t fit. The next thing they did was remove the legs, and then they had to force it thru the door. They actually ended up scraping a couple of my freshly painted walls! Oh well, I can touch up those spots, at least the couch is gone.



Overall, the guys from J-Dog were great. Very friendly and professional, even in the face of trying to get that beast out of the house. I would definitely use them again if it came to it. But the long and short of things is that we now have no furniture in the house until mid-day tomorrow. WOOHOO!

0 comments: