Thursday, May 10, 2018

Reset?

Last night I was doing some updating to my family tree program. I finished up what I had been doing and then closed up my laptop for the evening. This morning when I opened it to check email (actually delete all the mass marketing messages) I was unable to get it to boot up. I tried a couple of times and got a message about not starting correctly. So it looks as if I will need to try a reset and reinstall windows. I have never done this before by myself without trying to save all my files first. I am supposed to be able to do a clean install without deleting any personal files, I assume that means the contents of the “My Documents” folder, or whatever Windows calls it now. I’ll do a little more digging, and maybe try again to reboot tonight, but I sure hope I can salvage it, because I really don’t want to have to buy a new laptop.

0 comments: