Saturday, June 20, 2009

Excitement on Friday

On my way home from work Friday I noticed a helicoptor that appeared to be hovering in the sky. As I got closer it looked like it was hovering over our neighborhood. I ended up calling Kris to see if there was anything on the news, but she said, no, nothing was going on. As I got about a mile away frm home, I saw that the helicoptor was about a half mile or so from our house at the intersection of Menomonee Ave. and Appleton Ave. and there were cops that were re-routiing traffic. Then I saw mobile news vans parked in one of the lots across the street from teh intersection. As I drove past there was a strong odor of gas. There has been road contruction going on latlely on Menomonee Ave. replacing pipes for rain runoff and I figure that the crew must have hit a gas line. A little later I saw the WE Energies trucks there and about 5 or 6 guys all standing around (union jobs rock!). I'm actually surprised that there wasn't any sort of evacuation of the surrounding neighborhoods. But that was the excitement that we had on Friday.

0 comments: