Sunday, November 21, 2010

AT&T Blows

Saturday night Sarah came to me and told me she was typing out a text message when the display on her phone went out. It was still vibrating and could still take calls, but with it being a touch screen, it makes it sort of hard to use. I figured no problem, we'll just go to the AT&T store today (Sunday) and see about getting a replacement. We purchased insurance on it (an LG Neon) and it is only a little over a year old (about 15 months) so we should be able to just bring it in and they would give us a new one.

Well the guy looked at it and then went over to the computer, started typing in all kinds of information, then comes back and says, "Oh, sorry, you only purchased a one year insurance plan, and the warranty on the phone was only 12 months, so we're pretty much out of luck. All we can do is purchase a new phone (at full price). Fortunately, the phone that Kris and I have for her parents was able to be upgraded, so I was able to use that to upgrade Sarah's phone, I am just locked into a two year contract with their phone now.

I had Sarah look over the phones they had in the store and pick one out, one that wasn't too expensive, even with the discount. She settled on a green Pantech Pursuit. It wasn't exactly what she wanted, but it was all we really had to choose from. this time, however, I bought the insurance for twenty four months, the length of the contract. I am not going to have this sort of thing happen again.

Then I happened to ask about my phone, which is four years old, and in need of being replaced. However I am not about to pay full price for a cell phone. They gave me some lame excuse as for why I can't upgrade it right now (I have to wait until April) but I still think it is ridiculous. Right now I am so mad at AT&T, but I can't really do much since we are locked into contracts, so I just have to sit and take it, which really sucks.

0 comments: