Sunday, November 7, 2010

He and Me Event

Alison had a “Me and My Guy” event for scouts yesterday, a father-daughter bowling event. It was an event for the entire service unit so Ali had the opportunity to see some of her old friends from Riverside. Actually, Sarah could have gone too, but she had a PA workshop to go to, and wouldn't have been back until after 1:00, so she opted to just skip it.

We got put on the very last lane with Ali’s new friends Emma and Paige. We got two games of bowling plus pizza and soda. Ali started off each of the games with a strike. In fact, in the first game we bowled, Ali got a strike and two spares in three of the first four frames. She ended up beating me in the first game 109-92. The second game, I ended up with a better score 119-96. I had to use a little heavier ball than I wanted because I couldn’t find a ball that would fit my hand. No excuses though. I was humbled being beat by an eight year old. But I will say, real bowling is much different than playing on the Wii.




When we were all done, I gave Ali $5 worth of token for playing skeeball in the arcade. She had a couple of pretty big games, but for the most part just got a few tickets per game. Then when it was time to cash in, all she wanted was candy, blow pops and bubble gum.

Ali had a really fun time bowling and visiting with her old friends, and her new ones. The alley gave us a couple of coupons for free games too so maybe we'll go back again.

0 comments: