Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Connection is Down

Back in August (or was it September?) we had a problem with our internet connection/TV with our AT&T U-Verse. Our gateway went out completely. The result was that we needed a whole new gateway installed. It took about a day to get a technician out here and get it taken care of.

Ever since at least once a week we had been having a problem with the TV going out. Going into the basement, the gateway was completely out. All it took was a little bit of wiggling of the cable that was plugged into the gateway and it would come back on. Well it went out last night and I couldn't get it back on. That meant no internet connection, no TV, and no phone. That just wasn't going to work.

I had to call from work on my cell phone and luckily the guy I spoke to managed to get us an appointment the next day. And being only 10-15 minutes from home, I was able to just run home when the guy called and said he would be at our house in 20-30 minutes. Well he came in and switched out the gateway again, and the battery backup. It took about 30 minutes, but everything was up and running again. good thing too. I think without TV or an internet connection we were going stir crazy (we can do without the phone).

On the plus side, it did allow me time to watch a few movies that I have on DVD that I hadn't seen yet, but had been wanting to.

Then later in the day Kris called to tell me the AT&T technician called and said they were going to be working on the lies in the area, something about squirrels chewing thru some lines and bypassing the area for now, but they would be working on it for the next day or so.

0 comments: