Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Girl Scout Camp

I have been busy this summer, so I completely forgot to write about the girls and their time at girl scout camp this year.  It is one of the few things the girls look forward to every year, though for the life of me I can't understand why.  It's hot & dusty (especially this year) and long.  They do stuff from they time they get there in the morning until the time they leave.

This year Alison got to overnight for the first time and she loved it.  And the day I went they had a lot of fun activities to do.  I learned how to do lacings, I watched them learn how to do geocaching and learn how to use a GPS, and they practiced for the closing flag ceremony.  The day I went, Alison also got a certificate for getting a bullseye in archery, and they had a new raft out in the swimming pond.  Swimming, I think, was the favorite activity of the day because of the heat, and I guess I really couldn't blame the girls, because it was hot.  Very hot.  Because off cheerleading practice on the day I was there, we got to leave early, meaning I didn't have to take the bus, which was a bonus, because I don't know how well I would have handled a busload of screaming little girls, even though it was only about an 18 mile drive.

Sarah was doing badge workshops like she does every year, and the camp director made a point of telling me what a wonderful job Sarah does with the girls and how she runs her workshop.  I'm just happy she still enjoys doing it.

0 comments: