Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shopping Trip

As noted, we took Sarah out to the Johnson Creek outlet mall to do some clothes shopping.  In particular, she was looking for something to wear for her school picture.  Alison wanted to bring some of her birthday money and look for a couple of things too. 

Sarah actually found a bunch of cute things, though I just mostly stood around wandering aimlessly through the stores.  A man on a clothes shopping trip with a bunch of women is about as useless as the white crayon.

Kris and I tried to look for a few things ourselves, but we just weren't really in the mood.  I did see a couple of jackets at the Columbia outlet and I do need a new winter coat, so I made a mental note of them and maybe I'll go back.

At Aeropostale, I was checking out with Alison while Sarah finished trying on some things and the sales girl looked at me and said "my dad would have never gone clothes shopping with me".  I just laughed.  I think she saw the tortured look on my face and how I just sort of walked around without purpose while Kris was helping with finding things and making sure outfits matched.

Once we got home, we lit the candles on Sarah's cake.  Kris made her a chocolate cake with Reese's peanut butter cups.  It was the same cake she had last year, but she asked for it, so it must have been good.  I thing Sarah must have eaten over half of it last year.  Then again, it was her cake.

In the end, the girls both got some things that they liked and Sarah ended up having a very happy birthday.

0 comments: