Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Repairs

Yesterday while we were out running around I had to stop at the local home improvement store to look for supplies to resurface my driveway (as I do every year).  After cutting the grass yesterday and blowing the clippings off the pavement, I noticed just how hard the heat has been on the driveway this summer.  Last year I filled in a bunch of the cracks and holes with a trowelable patch mix, and then resurfaced over it.  This year because of the heat, the cracks have opened up due to the expanding pavement and all the stuff I used to fill the cracks has fallen out.  It has been a very rough year because of the heat.  No rain for the grass, the driveway falling apart, and the ground so dry it has cracked and pulled away from the garage foundation, opening holes and gaps under the concrete.

So now I'll be spending the next couple of weekends cleaning all the dirt and old patch mix out of the cracks and replacing it.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it done in a couple of days and it'll last more than a year this time around. 

0 comments: