Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Season Is Over

It's official, the holidays are over.  I spent the day yesterday taking down all the Christmas decorations (few that we have) from outside and put them away.  I am not sure what I am going to do for next year yet, but I have the feeling that I am going to need new decorations for the yard for next Christmas.  The reason being that we have a couple of lighted, grapevine snowmen that I place in front of the bushes.  This year we had a lot of snow, and then it warmed up right before Christmas.  It got up to around 40° and everything started melting, then it froze again, resulting in the bases of them being iced/frozen to the ground.  So when I was trying to get them up, I ended up breaking some of the grapevines.  They aren't all that bad, you can't really see it from a distance, but up close it's pretty clear they're broken.  The problem is that I haven't been able to find anything like them for a few years, and I am not about to spend over $50 for a single lighted snowman.  Maybe I'll start looking this summer and see if I can get something at a discount.  If I can't find anything, then I may just go without lights outside next Christmas.

0 comments: