Sunday, January 12, 2014

Early Spring Cleaning

Since this was our first free weekend in over a month and with no Packers game, it was time to get some things done around the house.  I have a list of things to get done so today I tackled Sarah's closet.  Unfortunately the closet for her clothes is way too small, but it is really too small for all of her shoes and boots.  She has them just piled on top of each other.  

So Kris and I decided to make some more room for her in the dormer part of the closet.  I crawled in and started tossing things out, and then began re-stacking bins and other things.  I was able to combine a few things and eliminate at least one large bin of clothes, which freed up a lot of room.  in addition tossing out a few pairs of worn out shoes and boots helped free up some room.  

So now she has a little bit more room just inside and around the corner for her shoes and they won't be falling out when she opens the door.  That's one closet down and two small ones to go.  Hopefully, once I get the little, shelved closet cleaned up a little bit, I can cut a hole in the wall in the hallway and actually get a small linen closet made.  But that's a little way down on the to do list.

0 comments: