Monday, January 27, 2014

Snowblower Problem

So far this year, I haven't been able to get the large snowblower working, so I have had to stick with the small Toro.  Yesterday we got some more snow, enough to be able to fire up the snowblower.  For the past month, it seems like I have been out shoveling every other day, and I say shoveling because it is just enough to have to shovel, and not enough to fire up the snowblower. 

So after I started it, I let the was letting the engine warm up when out of nowhere, one of the wheels just falls off.  The press nut on the end of the rod that the wheel sits on just fell off, resulting in, obviously, the wheel following suit.  I'm not sure why the press nut fell off other than the vibrations of the motor being enough to finally make it fall off. 

I figured I would just put the wheel back on and press the nut back in place.  That worked for a couple of times up and down the driveway, but I had to go slowly and make sure that the wheel stayed on.  Then after I was about 80% done, I was making a turn and the nut fell off again.  I noticed it right at the moment I started back up the driveway, which just so happened to be the moment right before I ran it over with the snowblower and shot it out the chute and somewhere in a pile of snow in the front yard.

Luckily, I was able to go online to Toro's website and find my model and go through the list of parts to order a spare.  It is supposed to be here in 2-5 days.  I just hope it gets here before the next snowfall that I might end up needing the snowblower for, which the way this year is going, could be tomorrow.

0 comments: