Saturday, February 1, 2014

Winter Sludge

One of the things I hate most about winter are the piles of sandy sludge that build up on the underside of the car while driving through the snow, and then end up falling off in the garage.  It seems like every other day I am scooping up three or four shovels full of sludge and dump them out in the street.  So today when I got home from running a couple of errands, before parking the car in the garage, I decided to get the shovel out and scoop out the sludge.  

I made the mistake of trying to get it all in one shovel which resulted in my straining my already strained back.  I had done something to it a week and a half ago, I don't know if it was sleeping wrong, or what, but it felt like a pulled muscle.  After taking ti easy for a little over a week, it was just about back to normal.  Then I had to try lifting about 50 pounds of snow sludge with one arm in a shovel.  That was a mistake.  Hopefully it isn't that bad and I if I just lay low for a day or so everything will be ok.

0 comments: