Thursday, February 27, 2014

Honors Breakfast

Yesterday, Alison had what I hope to be the first of her Honors breakfasts at North.  I think that there must have been about 200-250 kids there from the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.  We sat with a couple other friends of Alison, but she didn't want to talk too much.  There were a lot of her other friends there too.  I wanted to get a picture of her, but she was being cranky about it. 

I offered to take her picture with a friend or two if that would get her to do it, and she thought that would be cool.  Well a couple of friends turned into about 15, and then everybody's parents were taking pictures, even someone from the school.  Now I wasn't about to wait in line to take my child's picture.  In addition, some of the parents were just rather rude about it.  That is the problem with taking pictures with your phone.  Having to zoom in and out with one hand, while holding the phone up, and out in front of you.  I swear, people who use their phones as the family camera just annoy me.  Then, add in the people using tablets as their cameras, and you can imagine the complete cluster that was going on.  And all because I wanted to have one picture. Luckily, Kris was able to get Ali's picture once she got back.



The guest speaker this year was a reporter/radio host from one of the local radio stations.  He used to do stories on one of the TV stations, I don't think he does them right now on a regular basis, but he may fill in a little bit.  Apparently, he had a couple of daughters who went through our school system.  Who knew?  Anyway, I thought his speech was very good.  Hopefully Alison was paying attention.

0 comments: