Monday, February 17, 2014

Time To Make The Donuts

In Ali's homeroom, the kids take turns bringing in treats on Fridays for the class.  It was Alison's turn last week, and since it was Valentine's Day we thought it would be good to have her bring in heart shaped donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.  So Kris went in a week before and placed the order for them.  She scheduled them to be picked up the night before so that we didn't have to get up early and go get them before school started.  

Unfortunately, the night before, Kris went to pick them up and they weren't ready.  The woman working there couldn't find the order.  So after a little bit of haggling and calling of managers, Kris was told they would be there first thing in the morning.  I told Kris I would go as soon as I got up and get them.  I was supposed to ask for the manager and she was going to give us a refund.  

So I got there just after 5:00 AM and asked for our order.  It took a couple of minutes, but they brought them out for me, but no one said anything about a refund, so I figured Kris must have heard things wrong.  I brought them out to the car and backed out to leave.  The problem was that there were no lights in the parking lot and I couldn't see while I was backing up.  I ended up backing into a post, or whatever the posts are that are put on the sidewalks, sort of like a barricade.  So now I am mad!  I knew I messed something up but I wasn't about to sit there in the parking lot like a dope and check it out.  

As I was driving home, Kris sent me a message and said that Dunkin' Donuts had called and said I should come back for my refund.  So I went back and got my $8 or whatever it was.  I don't remember exactly how much, I was too mad about my car.  The manager did apologize and said that they had the order written down for the 14th, not the 13th, even though the receipt we had when Kris ordered the donuts said a pick up time of after 5:00 PM on the 13th.  On top of that, it turns out that I cracked my rear bumper cover, which is not cheap.  All because they couldn't get the day right when they took the order.  If they had, I wouldn't have a cracked bumper.  So now I need to go find out how much it is going to cost to get it replaced. 

0 comments: