Sunday, February 2, 2014

JV Cheer

Yesterday Sarah's JV cheer squad ended the 2013-2014 season of competition in Brookfield.  They ended on a high note taking first place of the six teams in their division.  They were in the small division this time whereas they have competed in the large divisions in just about every other competition but their first one of the year.

I have to say their routine this week was pretty tight this week, and I only saw one small flub, though I have no idea what I am looking for when it comes to judging.  And truthfully, I didn't think they would have won.  I thought maybe second, third place at the worst.  It was pretty exciting to see their reaction when they announced the second place team and they realized they had won.  In fact, they ended up beating the team that won the state competition two weeks before in the JV Small category.  At state, the Falls was in the large JV division instead of the small, though I don't think it would have helped them.

It was a good way to go out as a JV cheerleader.  Good job Sarah, we're proud of you.



Unfortunately, the one picture that turned out Sarah had her head turned.  There was another parent there who was hogging the photo taking and was acting as if he had never seen a digital camera before (that's his big head just to the left).  I was too nice to tell him, hey buddy move it!  

This was the other one I was able to get, but I was holding my camera up above all the other people, and my hand must have been a little shaky, because the picture is a little blurry.


This is just a reason for me to get a good SLR camera with a telephoto lens.  Then I could have just stayed in the stands and gotten just as good of a shot.

0 comments: