Monday, February 3, 2014

One Week To Go

Well, in a week from today there will be one more person with a driver's license in the house.  Sarah can get her learner's permit on Monday.  Right now I am planning on taking her first thing in the morning to go and get it, though the more I think about it, I may do it later in the day.  I think it will depend on Sarah's school schedule and what classes she may be missing.  I was going to go into work late, but maybe just taking the day off will be easier.

I have been giving her some practice "off the books" and she is really in need of getting some time under her belt.  She is very jerky on the brakes and she needs to learn to control her speed a little bit.  I think she also needs to stay focused on the road.  There was one incident where she was going down the road (I have been sticking to side streets to keep her out of any major traffic) and a car was coming from the other direction.  She decided she was going to pull over and wait for them to pass.  Because you know when she actually has her license all the other cars will just pull over for her, or she can just pull over and wait until it is only her on the road for her to get where ever she is going.  It makes me leery of actually taking her out into traffic when she finally gets her license.  I think I am in for some more grey hair very soon.

0 comments: