Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bastille Days

Being in Milwaukee during the summer has some perks.  One of them is all the festivals they have.  This weekend is the annual Bastille Days festival downtown, and since we really haven't done anything with the girls we thought it might be fun to go check it out.  One of the biggest pluses is that it's free, so the price is definitely right.  Since the girls were home with nothing to do on Friday, and Sarah for some reason likes Paris, we decided to go down and check it out.

I haven't actually gone to Bastille Days since about 1992, but I remember it being a lot of fun.  Maybe I don't remember things so well because it was sort of boring.  I thought we would go walk around, maybe find a street vendor and have a croissant, or some other sort of French pastry for lunch, but I was surprised to see there were very few actual "French" food vendors or authentic French booths.  MSOE had a small replica of the Eiffel Tower but other than that, it seemed pretty much like any other street festival. Maybe it gets better at night time.  That was when I usually went, for the more adult fun.  I think they probably have better music playing in the evening too.  Next year maybe Kris and I will go back in the evening when we could do more and mingle with friends.  Or then again maybe we're just getting old.

0 comments: