Monday, September 1, 2014

Pothole Patchwork

As it is getting late in the year it is time that I looked at prepping the driveway for winter again.  There were lots of pieces of blacktop and crack-filler that cracked and fell apart with the rough winter that we had last year.  In looking at all the cracks, as I do every year, things look a lot like a jigsaw puzzle.  The one part of the driveway that actually looked like it was still in good condition was the area that I dug out last year and replaced with pothole patch.  There were no big cracks or pieces that broke off at all.  So my plan was to go and get some more bags of pothole patch and spread it out and compact it on the areas of the driveway that are low or are all cracked up. 

I had to get it down as soon as possible because the long range forecast is for some cold weather right around the corner.  So I spent the last two days going back and forth to Menards (they had the bags on sale) to get enough to cover everything.  So now, the driveway surface is at least 50% pothole patch, probably more like 60%-65%.  In another year, it will all be pothole patch.  Now I just need to wait about a week or so to seal it and it'll all be set.  Here is hoping that the cold weather holds off long enough for me to get the sealer on.

0 comments: