Thursday, August 11, 2016

Brakes

As had been previously noted, the Saturn has been having brake issues.  As I was washing it this weekend, I noticed a rusty trail running down the rim & wheel cover.  So I decided to pull the wheel off and have a look at it.  Wow! The mechanic wasn’t kidding when he said the calipers were all rusty.  It actually looks like the pads are sort of stuck a little in the closed position, and as such are wearing away at the rotor.  There is a bright, shiny ring going around the width of the brake pads.  And the inside of the rim is coated with grey and rusty dust.  I am not much of a mechanic anymore (not that I ever really was other than trying to do repairs on all my old cars myself), but that just can’t be good.  Looks like I’ll be calling first think Monday morning to get this in to get looked at.  Hopefully it is something that can be fixed for not too much money.

0 comments: