Saturday, August 20, 2016

Oil Change

It was time to get the oil changed on my car and I thought I would try and save a few bucks by doing it myself.  Usually I shell out the $30 and go to a quick change place so I don’t have to crawl under and worry about spilling oil on the driveway, disposing of the used oil, etc.  Another reason is where things are located in engines now, you almost have to be a contortionist to get at the filter, or have some special tool to remove a cover to get at the engine.  But the Ford is pretty basic, so I thought I’d give it a shot.  I was actually pretty impressed that I remembered how to do it.  It didn’t take me long at all I think I may actually start doing it myself again, and maybe even start looking into how to repair other things, especially on the Saturn.  That may help reduce some of the costs for repairing Sarah’s car.

0 comments: