Friday, August 12, 2016

Never Update

I had a message on my laptop yesterday that there was a system update from Dell that was ready to be installed.  I figured, it was from Dell so I had better do it.  So I started downloading and installing.  A message popped up that said don't shut down during the install or it would damage something or other, blah, blah, blah. 


I go to check back a little later and I am unable to restart my computer.  All I get is a message saying something about not finding some file or something, and to click Enter to restart, which just put me into a viscous, never ending loop. 



After asking a guy I work with who knows computers, he suggested it was just a setting that was changed during the update and that as soon as that was put back to normal, I would be able to boot up normally.  Luckily I have other computers in the house so I could research the problem, excuse me, issue.  I eventually located the setting I needed and how to get into it to change things back to their original configuration, but it only took me a day.  Thanks a load Dell (and when I say that I mean thanks for nothing).  Lesson learned.  I'll be thinking long and hard about updating that again. 

0 comments: