Sunday, September 4, 2016

First Day Alone

Today was Sarah's first actual day alone, on her own in La Crosse, and so far so good.  I do think that she is having a hard time though (and classes haven't even started yet).  I don't know if she is having a hard time making friends or what but I do know she didn't start off the best yesterday when we dropped her off.  And that is partly our fault (as previously described).

I thought we took care of it when we left, but I figured that we'd be getting messages on a daily basis.  But we didn't get a phone call crying to come and get her, so I will take it as a win at this point.  The funny thing is that I remember my first weekend at college was one of the highlights of my year.  I couldn't wait to be on my own.  I had the added benefit of knowing a few people that had gone to my high school though that I could hang out with.  Hopefully it'll get better for her.  But I think it'll be worse before it gets better.

0 comments: