Sunday, July 2, 2017

One Less Day In My Life

When I finally die (in 30-40 years, God willing) someone will need to add up all the time in my life that I spent doing absolutely nothing.  When they do, they will look back and add in another day because of what happened today… Waiting for a parade spot.  Yes, the annual tradition of sitting on the sidewalk, doing nothing while waiting to be able to stake off my spot for the Menomonee Falls Independence Day Parade was today.  It really is ridiculous, but if you want a spot to sit, it is what you need to do.

Originally we weren’t going to go this year.  Kris’s friend and god daughter were going to be out of town, and no one else we usually sit with was actually planning on going, at least as far as I knew.  Then I found out about a day before, one of our friends was thinking of going and wanted to know if I was going to be out waiting for a spot.  I decided I would do it (because I am a nice guy, and because it is a tradition).  Alison will be in the parade again with the cheer team, so we’ll need to be there to pick her up afterward anyway.  Who knows, maybe I’ll end up skipping it next year.  You only have so many days on this earth, you know.

0 comments: