Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Lice Scare

We got a call from one of Ali’s friends’ parents to just give us a “heads up”.  They had an older child who had just come back from college for the weekend who had contracted head lice while at school, and since Ali hangs out with their other child, maybe we should check her, just in case.  Her friend didn’t have any, but she thought it best to be thorough.  My first thought was, Really???!!!!  I thought we had finished going thru this stuff when Ali was in 8th grade!  Although, I guess a college dorm is a good place for that to spread, if it does.

So I pulled out the combs and magnifying glasses to see and started going over Alison’s head after her shower.  We did a few other precautions as well, such as shampoo.  It took me a good half an hour to go over her head, and I didn’t find anything, so that is good.  But I think I’ll have to keep checking over the next couple of days.  I do not want a repeat of the fiasco from middle school!

0 comments: