Saturday, January 6, 2018

When The Lights Come Down

We have a heat wave going on right now.  The temps are up to the low thirties so I thought it is the perfect time to clean up the lights outside.  I was able to get out and climb around in the shrubs rather easily and get them all off without too much trouble.  The main problem was all of the extension cords that were required.  Next year I will have to take a look at what I plan to do around Halloween.  It is nice to have the lights on to brighten the dark, dingy evenings of December, but I also want to make sure I don’t have 6 or 7 cords strung about next year.  The problem is that I have (4) bushes on each side of the porch and to try and keep things symmetrical, I needed to have that many.  Maybe I’ll look for some lighted “yard” display items next year, like lighted snowmen, or penguins.  Ideally I will be able to find something like the pumpkins that have the plastic strings all around them.

0 comments: