Thursday, March 15, 2018

Job Shadow

Sarah had her job shadow today with a surgical PA at the hospital in West Bend. I didn’t get to hear a whole lot of details, she told Kris about how things went mostly. However from what I was able to gather I am not sure she liked it. It sounds like it went well enough, and she actually got to see several different procedures in the OR. But it sounded like the things that the PA did in surgery didn’t much interest her. She (the PA) was doing a lot of assisting, such as holding ribs open, and things like that. Not that it would be all that appealing to me either, but if you wanted to do more than that, then go to med school! I think there were a few follow up type appointments in the afternoon, but for the most part, I think Sarah found it interesting, but not appealing.

0 comments: