Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dead Box

Our DVR box has been having problems. Last week it reset itself, just out of the blue and I couldn't get it working again for about an hour. Today, just as we were getting ready to take Alison to school it did it again. I left it figuring I would try resetting it again when we got home. Then Kris told me that it had happened a couple of days earlier as well, for a total of three times in a week.

When we got home from running around at about 1:00, I turned it on, and it still wasn't working, so I did the unthinkable, I called technical support. Ultimately it turns out there are "hardware problems" with the box and it will need to be replaced. AT & T will be sending me one but in teh mean time I will need to make due.

I switched boxes with the one in the basement, and everything seems fine. And wouldn't you know, as soon as I plugged the DVR box in downstairs, it started working again. The only thing is that it wiped out everything we had saved. I guess it is no big loss, most everything was "kid TV".

They told me that it would take two business days to get here, which means probably by Monday it'll be here. I hope it makes it through the long weekend.

0 comments: