Friday, September 9, 2011

Insurance Company

In case you weren't aware, insurance companies suck. NO really, they SUCK!

It is almost time for our insurance to renew, so we have been shopping around, getting quotes. We were having State Farm give us a quote and they told us there was a claim against me for almost $700 from back when I got in my accident in February. So I ended up calling to find out what the deal was, since I had canceled the claim I was making and just took care of the repairs to the Lancer out of my pocket.

I came to discover, the lady that hit me filed a claim for repairs to her car. This after she decided there was no damage to her car and left before the cop showed up. I didn't get a ticket, so I ask, how is this my fault, especially when she claimed there was nothing wrong with her car. Now aside from that, I wanted to know how this happened and I wasn't aware of it at all. Had there been anything wrong with her car, I should have expected that someone at Traveler's Insurance should have at least contacted me and let me know that this was happening. I mean I should at least know what is going onto my record, and not get a surprise.

So this left a very bad taste in my mouth. Usually we hadn't had that much trouble with Travelers, but the attitude I got from the adjuster I was talking to about this was the last straw. We are going to be switching insurance companies. We'll pay a little more per year, but there is something to be said for good service.

0 comments: