Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fixing a Tooth

I went to have a tooth semi-fixed today. For about the last 6 or 8 months it had been bothering me, but there was nothing showing up in the x-rays and the dentist didn't see a cavity. The last time I was there he sort of ground it down just a bit as there was a high spot and he thought that may be what was causing the trouble. Well it was still bugging me so I went back a couple of weeks ago. I saw the other dentist in the partnership (actually the one I prefer) and he too said he didn't see anything but he scheduled me to have a temporary crown put on. He was thinking that I may have a small crack in the tooth and that was the cause of the pain I was having.

It seems to have done the trick (the temporary crown) because the sensitivity to hot & cold etc. is gone. There is still some discomfort, but I think that may be from the shots I got to numb things. I think that it'll take some time to fully evaluate it, but if this works it'll eliminate the need for a root canal, which is a good thing. The next step will be going back, hopefully in about a month, to have a permanent crown put on.

0 comments: