Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One Bag At A Time

Today we had all the supplies delivered for the fence. I am finally going to finish putting a fence along the back of the yard. However, everything came on a skid and they wouldn't bring it around to where I wanted it put behind the garage, so instead they offloaded everything on the side of the driveway. And it was all still in boxes, so all the panels and posts needed to be taken out in order to move them all. That actually didn't take too long, only about 15 minutes.

What took forever though was moving the bags of concrete; 40 bags, 50 pounds each. Because I didn't want them sitting on the ground until I got the post holes dug and everything lined up so I could set the posts, I had to unload the skid, take the skid into the backyard, and then move the bags one at a time back to the skid and restack them. Actually I was able to move four bags at a time in my wheelbarrow, but I still had to load it up and then unload it again. This took me a little time, to do and I actually finished in the dark. I will end up having to bust up the skids later and just leaned them up against the side of the garage. Hopefully no one will walk by and have them fall on their head until I get them busted up.

0 comments: