Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hole In One

I had been promising to take the girls mini golfing for a while so today I finally get things done around here so that we had a little free time to go. We went early (right after lunch), and there was practically no one there. Unfortunately, as soon as we walked up, a group of people came out of the clubhouse by the driving range and walked over to the mini golf shack. There were nine people, and there were three little kids with them. When I say little, I mean about 7 years old or less. This really put a crimp in our day as we had to wait for these people at just about every hole. The polite thing would have been to let us play through, but of course, I say it would have been the POLITE thing to do. If you would have seen these people, you would know how absurd it would be to use the word polite with respect to them.

So anyway, we trudged though, which allowed me to actually give Alison a little help. Sarah was way too cool to accept help from her dad. In the end, Sarah beat Alison by three strokes, and all because Ali was rushing her shots on the final hole, and she ended up taking a 9. Sarah took a 3. Game over. I hate to brag but I smoked them both, though even I ended up 4 over par.

One last thing to note... At the end, there is a hole where you shoot your ball up a ramp and over a water hazard onto an island. Getting a hole in one wins a free game. Well, I ended up dropping it in the hole. it really was a thing of beauty. I'll end up letting one of the girls use it. Maybe I'll take them again this weekend after Sarah's football game. This time I'll just observe I think.

0 comments: