Monday, February 15, 2016

Timetables

I have determined that the worst part about the whole "unemployment" process is having to work to someone else's timetables.  I hate it.  After the first week and a half to two weeks, I have had about 5 or 6 interviews.  The way things go is first you get an initial phone screening/interview, and then the HR & hiring manager people get together and determine who will make the cut.  Then they call in that group for in-person interviews.  Sometimes if you are lucky you get an offer after that in-person interview, but more often than not, that just pares it down for a second round of in-person interviews (and that sometimes might lead to a third interview).  So the whole process is at least 3-4 weeks long, if you're lucky.  

So with all the interviews I have had so far, I got the "we are in the initial stages" comments and that if I make the cut, they'll be calling me back in a week and a half to two weeks.  I am ready to go now!  So it's like, hurry up and wait.  I hate sitting around waiting, and in the mean time I review more job postings and job descriptions and send out more resumes on the off chance that they may get around to me in a week or so, and then the whole process starts again.  ARGH!

0 comments: