Monday, April 16, 2018

Appliances

After a lot of searching and comparison shopping Kris and I ordered the new appliances for the kitchen overhaul. Let me say, this was not fun. Not at all! Part of the problem stems from living in such an old home. Being built in the mid-50’s, the kitchen is not the largest, or best laid out of rooms. We were sort of stuck with appliance placement due to where the outlets are located, which also limits the amount of cabinet space we have. We had finally settled on GE appliances, only to find out that we needed to change our refrigerator selection because the size of the one we wanted would not have fit into the slot/section we have. And that is sort of a drag because I really wanted to get a fridge that had a water dispenser, but I don’t like the dispensers that are in the door. The one I found had a water dispenser just inside the door, which would have been perfect. The only problem was that it was too deep. Because of the location for where our refrigerator needs to go, if we would have bought that one, we would not have been able to open the back door. I suppose we could always move the back door, but that seems like it would be more of a hassle. It is also going to require the installation of at least one more outlet. Electricity is something I hate! I am always afraid of either getting electrocuted, or wiring something incorrectly that will end up causing an electrical fire and burning down the house.

Now we just need to figure out when to have everything delivered. The latest date possible date is sometime around mid-July. That should be no problem, but that also means I will need to make sure that I get the rest of the kitchen assembled before then. And who knows how much of a problem that could be. I am worried that as soon as I start ripping things out, I will run into unforeseen problems that will cause delays. Specifically, when the sink gets ripped out. I will need to make sure that pipes and drains all line up. I know that for 15 years, the dishwasher and sink drains had to be modified so they would fit right. Right now they do not, but I was able to make them work. I would like to have them done properly this time… But I digress. I am also worried that I will get all the old appliances ripped out/removed, and then won’t have the new ones in place right away due to other things not being ready. Which means we’ll be living without appliances for a while

0 comments: