Saturday, April 21, 2018

Cabinets

I believe that all the checks have now been ticked in the kitchen remodel, we have ordered the cabinets. I am going to try and install them myself, so we paid an extra few $$$ to have my measurements confirmed. I thought that the peace of mind that will be generated by knowing I won’t have to worry about fitting something into a space and being off by ½ and inch cannot be overstated. Whenever projects like this are planned, I think of an episode of “Renovation Realities” (or maybe it was “First Time Flippers”) where the homeowners had purchased a floor to ceiling cabinet and when it came time to put it into place it turned out that the overall height of the cabinet was ¼” too tall for the height of the room. Not having to worry about something like that is huge!

The one not so good thing is that we are going to need to end up returning the sink. While it would have been nice, if we had kept the farm sink, it would have required a lot of modification to the cabinet in order to get it to fit properly. With my luck, I would have ended up destroying it during the modification process, and I wasn’t about to pay someone to do the modifying. So we decided on just getting a standard cabinet and then we’ll have to find an undermount since that will fit the cabinet. I’m a little bummed out because the features on the farm sink were starting to grow on me. Maybe we can find a standard one with similar accessories.

We should have a couple of weeks before the cabinets come in, so I have a little bit of time to get some other things done before I have to go whole hog on tearing everything apart. But once they get her, it’ll be game on

0 comments: